Friday, April 15, 2011

101 tips to improve your chess

Tony Kosten wrote this book way back in 1996. I bought this book way back in the early 2000; I read most of its and I think it is time for another read. This time I am using chessbase to play the examples and to write my own notes about them. I found this approach efficient and confortable.

It is a great book for people like me that are returning as aging babyboomer, 56, to chess after a long hiatus without reading a chess book. I think that this book is for people rate C and above. (Maybe...I am not sure...I remember that I read all the Silman, Patchan and My system...so It is just a reminder...or relearning...I do not know anymore.)

Today I began using the book. The book contains 101 wisdoms to keep in mind while playing chess. The first tip reminds us to develop the pieces in the opening...Yes...silly!...but the second game shows  a GM that forgot doing it against Fischer! crazy!...Of course, Bobby ate him alive. I know we do it all the time...I went through 6 of the tips today. I am happy.

This is a great book to remember old lessons before jumping into master game studies.

No comments:

Post a Comment