Friday, April 15, 2011

Chess self improvement again.

After years of being absent from chess, I take the knights, the queen, and the king again. Why? Maybe seeking for a place where I have some control on my own fate. After all, chess is totally transparent. There are not tricks nor traps. We either see clearly what the board shows or not!

I begin this blog to track this new adventure into chess.

My OBR was/is 1675. I rediscovered it after checking the listing and renewing my membership to the USCF.  Well...I have not idea anymore about it...My rating at Net-Chess.com is 2335. What a difference!
To be honest, I did not stop playing chess but I took internet slow chess for the last 7 years. I played almost 600 games at the rate of 1 moves per days. Today I feel that I need more so here I am back, hitting the books with Chessbase 11 and Fritz as training tool.

What I want?
It is not clear.
I find tactical problems interesting.
I still enjoy going over master games.
I know...there is nothing to accomplish...I will never make it to GM...
but the pleasure of understanding a GM master game...
that is great...
You figure.

My training routine.
  1. A morning session of tactics...about  1 hr of CT ART 3.0....(the best package for tactics training I have been able to find.)
  2. An evening session with a current book...how long? whatever...until the wife says enough.and, of course,
  3. 2 (20 min) games a week...in some internet site....FICS..GameKnot...Maybe
  4. 2 tournments a year...I will start probably 6 months from now. I need to rebuild my confidence after so many years without facing anyone across the board! ...Or maybe not...who cares! I enjoy the internet thing a lot...even when I am losing. The position gives a lot to think about...I find physical tournaments to inconvenient. Of course, in the internet people could use a computer against you. So what? I could play the computer too...and that it so boring... The beauty of chess internet is that there is very little ego involved: Just the board and you...and surprises arise all the time...That is another topic of discussion as the blog evolves.

No comments:

Post a Comment