Thursday, July 4, 2013

Returning to study chess

After a long time without studying chess, I am picking up the books again.
Training schedule:

1. Tactics  - Everyday - As much a possible - Similar to doing scale practice as per the musician practice.
2. Master games - Just read books full of anotated master games - Reading for fun, for pleasure
3. Gameknot - No more than 12 games at the time- Make sure that each move is done purposely.

My rating in Gameknot is 1826.
I am not sure if I will return to OTB. It takes too much time and effort. I am not even sure that my wife would allow me to give away weekends and evenings that I could pass with her. So CC is the way to go.
Yes...I know people might play with computers against me. It does not bother me at all. It is their loss and it is my win. Why? Because then I am playing against a GM and their would be just pushing clicking away. Their wins means nothing.


No comments:

Post a Comment