Friday, July 26, 2013

Training focus

After considering, reading, and testing I have come to the realization that to improve in chess I need to adhere to a consistent training regime. It must simple and clear. Given all what it talked about improvement from so many sources, it seems to me that the path forward has 3 only 3 components:

 1. Tactic drills....> because every position is just another puzzle to solve.

 2. Playing over Master annotated games ...> because every one of them is a lesson on strategy and patterns.
 
3. Playing ....> The games has to be annotated by a computer partner after their conclusion....to get a feedback...

 Annotated master games are the only opening games worth reading.


General comment:
Sometime, after solving puzzle with ichess for a while, I feel the mind in a fog. Thoughts are unclear. I move just out of memory sake. And of course, I do not see the solution. I suspect that when playing, something similar might happen and then I blunder. What is this? Is this too much chess for the brain to handle? Could such a thing occur? How to avoid it? Something to explore.

No comments:

Post a Comment