Saturday, August 17, 2013

Anki: a fantastic chess tool

Lately people concluded that what distinguish a master from a class chess player is really their ability of choosing the best move. As I understand it, it means that the master choose good first move while the rest of us waste our time choosing first moves of lower quality. Since choosing moves seems to originate from position seen the  past, chess memory is essential to improve. How to go about it?

So, I got hold of anki and the Polga's 5000 problem set. I have been using them. I plan to combine it with ichess in my regular study time. I use ichess to review my notes from the books that I study as well as memorizing the position where I made a blunder.  The point is that blunder is taken as a blind chess spot.

My emphasis is in the middle and endgame. I am not studying openings since my games are turn based and databases are allowed. It is funny to see how some people follow them to the tilt. How to deal with this? That is something to consider.

No comments:

Post a Comment